Their new headquarters are located at Hamilton Bermuda but they are still using their old headquarters as executive offices of Tyco’s principal United States subsidiary, which is located at Exeter, New Hampshire.
Tyco international had 40,000 employees in 92, Today the Company operates in more than 100 countries and employs more than 215,000 people worldwide.
During fiscal 2000 sales accumulated $28,931.9 million
Today their shares are traded at NYSE at $ 54.09 and they have 1,757,849,000 shares outstanding
Took them from $3 billion in 1991 and in 10 years brought the company up to $93,131 million growing 31 times
* Undersea fiber optic communications cable, cable assemblies for data gathering systems, electro-mechanical cables and underwater electric power cables.
* Vertically integrated designer, producer, installer and servicer of undersea fiber optic telecommunications cable.
* Electrical conduit products.
* High-precision, multi-layer printed circuit boards; custom press-fit and wave-soldered back plane assemblies and enclosures.
Telecommunications, computer and microprocessor manufacturers, aerospace, utilities, military and governmental agencies, industrial and commercial construction markets.
* Acquired Raychem Corporation in August 1999, broadening its product portfolio to include heat shrink products, circuit protection devices, heat transfer materials and sealing gels.
* Acquired Elcon Products in September 1999, expanding its connector offerings to include high-current hot-plug connectors for computer applications.
* Acquired Siemens Electromechanical Components GmbH & Co. KG in November 1999. The acquisition added relays, sensors, hybrid circuits and micro-modules to its roster, and complements its extensive passive and active component lines. The Siemens EC products find use in the rapidly expanding communications and automotive markets.
Fire & Security:
* Installation, maintenance and continuous monitoring of electronic security systems for commercial and residential applications.
* Comprehensive fire protection, detection, suppression and alarm systems, automatic fire sprinkler products, and special hazards equipment.
* Industrial and portable fire extinguishers, extinguishing agents, fire hydrants, firefighting and life-safety apparatus.
* Design, installation, inspection, maintenance and services for electrical, mechanical and marine applications.
Leading global supplier of systems and services to workplace and residential customers – a single source for fire protection, detection, suppression and alarm; security and access control; alarm monitoring services; electrical and mechanical systems; building communications and networks; and transportation and infrastructure applications. Life-cycle solutions include design, implementation and maintenance of systems for new and existing buildings, transportation, and special hazards risks, including offshore oil platforms, petrochemical facilities, power plants and hazardous industrial environments.
* We have central monitoring stations in a total of 18 countries in North and South America, Europe, Asia and Oceania and seek to continue the rapid growth of this business.
* Our highly successful ADT dealer program, first developed in the US, is now being implemented in 15 countries around the globe and has already brought us 250,000 new accounts.
* We established a significant presence in the South Korean market, which has recovered, with CAPS and Dong Bang with a combined revenue of over US$150 million. CAPS is a market leader in the electronic security and guarding business and Dong Bang in fire protection contracting.
* In Australia we continued our expansion with Haden Engineering, with revenues of over US$ 120 million in HVAC (Heat, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) and building and facilities management.
Healthcare & Specialty Products
* Disposable medical supplies, including gauze and other wound care products, wound closure products, vascular therapy products and infant medical accessories; urological, incontinence and anesthetic supplies.
* Medical stress and resting electrode sensors for adults and infants; medical and industrial chart paper; transfer tape products; office imaging products.
* Polyethylene film and film products.
* Coated, laminated and printed packaging materials; specialty packaging materials and garment hangers.
* Pipeline coatings for the oil, gas and water distribution industries.
* Pressure-sensitive adhesives and coatings.
* Vehicle auction and reconditioning services.
Medical centers, professional healthcare providers, nursing homes and other purchasers of healthcare supplies and equipment; chemical, pharmaceutical, agricultural, cosmetic, photographic, automotive, food, construction and other industrial markets.
* 1999 was a banner year for Tyco Healthcare. The successful integration of Sherwood Davis & Geck and United States Surgical with the established Kendall businesses has created a global powerhouse for healthcare products. With multi-site clinical customers and one of the broadest product lines in the industry, Tyco Healthcare is one of the largest medical device companies in the world. Additional acquisitions in 1999 provided the following synergies:
* Tyco Healthcare became the clear market leader in electrodes and chart paper with the addition of Graphic Controls, giving a strong entry to direct sales in this area.
* Origin and General Surgical Innovations helped move United States Surgical into the important area of herniarepair, expanding their leadership position in endoscopic surgery.
* The Sage Sharps Safety business gave Kendall an immediate presence in this growing market, further broadening their wide product offering for healthcare clinicians.
* A full line of valve and control products for industrial and process control and specialty uses, including ball valves, butterfly valves, gate, globe & check valves, safety relief valves, knife-gate valves, check valves, sampling valves, pneumatic and electric actuators, positioners, indicators and other control products.
* Comprehensive design, engineering, manufacturing, installation, commissioning, service and repair of heat tracing systems.
* Steel, iron and plastic pipe and tube products.
* Metal framing and support products, flexible armored cable and electrical conduit.
* Fire protection products including a comprehensive line of sprinkler heads, valves, devices and other system components.
* Engineering, construction management, facility design/build/operate, asset management services and consulting for water and wastewater treatment facilities, regulatory and funding assistance, privatization of water and wastewater operations, environmental services, transportation and infrastructure design, consulting and construction management services.
Power generation, oil & gas, water distribution, water and wastewater treatment, petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, mining & minerals, automotive, commercial construction, industrial process, fire protection, tubing and pipes for industrial, recreational, institutional and agricultural uses.