What is a critical review?
Writing a critical review presupposes conduct of the analysis and making evaluative judgments concerning a specific piece of info. This kind of paper belongs to the tasks. The preparation of which demands summing up and evaluation of the texts. As a basis for the critical analysis can serve articles, books or documents. To be able to create a vital assignment, a writer should have analytical thinking abilities. What is more, one should be familiar with all the standards and nuances dictated by writing rules. Students should also understand the nature of the assignment and be able to compile a paper correctly.
Primarily, one has to be aware of the fact that preparation of the critical review does not demand to criticize text or document. It means one has to treat a specific portion of info with the analytical approach. What is more, a person has to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the piece of info under analysis. Take into consideration that critical judgments should always be based on specific criteria. A person preparing the analysis of the text should know the purpose of the text, its hidden context, one has to take into consideration the intended audience and the general structure of the info.
Critical review template
As is often the case to create a proper assignment a writer has to be familiar with the critical review template. It is a standard structure to follow for every person having a task to prepare a critical review. It comprises a set of necessary structural elements, the combination of which allows to create an extensive critical review paper.
- Each critical review should start with the Introduction. An introduction is an opening paragraph, which has to comprise 2-3 introductory sentences giving the reader the background information about the piece under analysis. A writer can also discuss the aim of the analyzed text and its target audience. The last sentence of the intro is a thesis. It should reflect the evaluation of the author.
- The next sense blick is a Summary. The summary has to encompass an overlook of all key points and present a summing up of the main info of the piece under analysis. You may also add a brief comment about the organization of the text.
- The core of critical review example template is the paragraph, which presents the critique. Here the author has to evaluate the text. It is necessary to distinguish strength and weaknesses and discuss the distinctive features of the text.
The order of the info is the following:
- Present the most important conclusions you have made about the text.
- First, present the positive points and next to the negative ones.
- Make comments on a key idea and clarify all the judgments you have made before.
- You may include a recommendation allowing to improve the quality of the text.
The last block is entitled Conclusions. Here a writer has to restate the thesis and emphasize the main point of view. Present short recommendations and after that, you have to include the list of references.
How to write a critical review?
Writing a critical review is not an easy task as the writer has to able to think critically and possess well-polished writing skills. The main task of a student having a task to prepare a critical review has to present an evaluation of a certain piece. One should also enhance his judgments with persuasive arguments proving his point of view. Exists several guidelines that will help to perform this task effectively.
You need to conduct an in-depth analysis, which will allow you to reveal all the essential details and hidden message of the text. If you are analyzing a literary piece, you have to do a small research and study the background of the author and his main intentions. Get familiar with all the structural peculiarities and formatting specificities. A good strategy is to consult a critical review template pdf paragraph to see how to apply everything in practice.Critical review template