1) This play was about twins that were separated at birth. One child lives in poverty and the other lives with a rich family. The story is set around the themes of unemployment, crime and superstition.
2) The structure of the play was a play with elements of musical theatre.
3) The structural devices used in the play were tableaux, flashbacks, flashforwards and a narrator. The play was a nonlinear play as it went from ending to beginning then middle and back to the end.
4) There was a cast of 14 actors and actress’s. 6 of them stayed in the roles all the through and the rest had multi-roles.
5) The play was very imaginatively set out. The used the space well. The set used balconies and multiple backgrounds. It was presented in an end on layout. The staged was a raked stage with means it tilts up slightly given more levels.
6) The actors were very good they were able to change there character when needed e.g. when the age of there character changed or when there character was needed to show emotion.
7) There were a lot of different ways they used to create suspense. They used music, sound effects, lighting, props and costume.
8) The set was a street witch changed when they moved from the city to country. The background also changed when they moved.
9) The costumes were different for different families. For the Johnston’s the costumes were shabby and run down. For the Loins family the cloths were well fitting and clean and tidy. The costumes used were perfect for the play.
10) The props used were correct for the situations they were used in. The props helped the plot as they were used to demonstrate the superstitions used in the play.
11) The play made me fell sad as the two brothers were killed other a misunderstanding that could have been resolved peacefully. This play made me think about how a lack of communication can cause death.
12) I have learned the uses of levels, using a narrator, costumes, props and set.
13) I enjoyed the performance as it was well acted, used props and costumes well, had good uses of light and music was emotional at the correct times and had a clear plot from start to finish.
14) I would recommend this play to my friends it was among the best plays I have seen.